To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form prior to your procedure date. If not received, the Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. You may fax your registration form to 901-682-1545, attention PreRegistration Department. You may also bring the forms by our office: 1044 Cresthaven Rd., Memphis TN 38119. If you have any questions, the Pre-Registration Department direct phone line is 901-682-1516.
A Nurse will call you prior to your surgery to discuss information about your health to expedite your admission process, and review special instructions and answer any questions you have. If you have not received a call by 2:00p.m. the day before your surgery or you have any additional questions, please call 901-682-1516.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Diet – Let us know if you have special dietary needs when we call to confirm your arrival time.
Food and Drink – Do not eat or drink after midnight the night before your surgery.
Alcohol – Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
Smoking – No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry) – Please remove all these items before surgery.
Clothing – Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Valuables – Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If You:
- Have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- Suspect you may be pregnant.
- Are taking: diet pills (Phentermine), aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
- Take blood thinners
- Have Sleep Apnea/Loud Snoring and/or use a CPAP Machine
- Have an allergy to latex or rubber products
- Have heart or lung problems
- Are an Insulin-dependent diabetic
What You Need the Day of the Surgery:
- Information to Bring: All insurance cards, photo ID, a list of all medications you are taking, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, Name and phone/fax number of physician(s) who can provide results of any recent lab test or study.
- Driver: You must have a responsible adult drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care for Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery. Children under age 12 are not permitted unless they are the patient.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If an interpreter is required, please contact the Scheduling Department 901-682-1516 as soon as possible.